Sassnitz (Fährhafen, Sassnitz)
DFDS Seaways sail from Sassnitz Fährhafen to Klaipeda.
Sassnitz is on the Baltic Sea island of Rügen in North Germany and is connected to the mainland by bridge and is close to motorway and railway networks.
The terminal at Sassnitz is subject to the following timetable:
||Terminal opening hours |
Latest check-in times
- All units must be checked-in 3 hours prior to departure and one hour prior to office closing
- IMO units: TBC hours prior to departure
Waybill instructions are available on request.
Equipment and cargo handled
- Containers on mafis
- Agriculture and construction machinery
- Project high & heavy cargoes
- General cargoes
- Various units on wheels or tracks
- Forklift trucks
- Lifting capacity of port equipment: up to 104 tons
- Direct railway connection
- 5km to motorway
- According to ISPS requirements
- Manned gate at night
- Open air storage area of 130,000 sqm.
- Covered storage area of 3,000 sqm.
- Open storage for reefer and IMO (hazardous cargo) units.
- Marshalling yard for russian gauge railcars
- Terminal for open air or weather protected direct reloading operations between russian gauge and european gauge railcars as well as road vehicles.