Kiel (Ostuferhafen, Kiel)
DFDS Seaways sail from the Ostuferhafen in Kiel to Karlshamn, St. Petersburg, Sassnitz, Klaipeda & Ust-Luga.
This terminal lies in the Northern part of Germany, ideally close to an intense network of motorways, railways and the eastern end of Kiel Canal with easy, rapid and convenient haulage possibilities from Germany, Benelux, Scandinavian and other neighbouring countries to the port of Kiel and vice versa.
The terminal at Kiel is open weekdays 08:00-17:00 and 08:00-13:00 on Saturdays. All trailers and accompanied units must be check-in 3 hours before departure and one hour before office closure.
Waybill instructions are available on request.
Equipment & cargo handled
- Containers on mafis
- All kinds of units on wheels
- Project high & heavy cargoes
- General cargoes
- 45 tons shore crane
- 140 tons mobile crane
- Direct railway connection
- 10 min from motorway
- According to ISPS requirements
- Open air storage area of 200,000 sqm
- Open storage for reefer and IMO (hazardous cargo) units
- Covered storage area of 25,000 sqm.
- Great experience in handling timber, large covered storage facility of 25,000 sqm for handling i.e. paper
- Customs office open Monday to Saturday