DFDS Seaways Esbjerg - Harwich freight ferry shipping route
The crossing time is approximately 17 hours (see below schedule)
The cargo mix on this route includes trailers, lorries (with/without drivers), tank-containers and containers. This service provides a high number of driver accompanied trailers on each departure.
Access from terminal. From Harwich, on the south east coast of England, London and its surrounding areas is in very close proximity, while Esbjerg in Western Denmark has ideal access from both Denmark and Northern Europe. The motorway is just outside the Port with easy and quick connection to Fredericia, Aarhus, Odense and Copenhagen.
Esjerg - Harwich v.v.
Schedule valid from 14 March 2013 - 13 May 2013:
||Thursday 13:00 |
||Saturday 13:00 |
For latest check-in times please click on the following links:
Facilities on board
On this route our Ro-PAX vessels offer a very high standard of accommodation with driver cabins having ensuite with bath/toilets and drivers having access to a variety of restaurants & cafés, and shops.
- Latest booking times and check-in times for hazardous cargo ex-Esbjerg is at 16:45 on the day of departure. Please see the Harwich terminal page
- At Harwich booking and check-in for hazardous cargo must be completed 4 hours prior to departure.
- Classes 1 and 7 are not accepted on this route.
- For trailers longer than 14 metres, truck/trailers longer than 17 metres, containers/tank-containers/flats longer than 20', 30' or 40' additional rates are given on application.
- For units exceeding 2.8 metres in width the following surcharges shall apply: (Excess width calculations must be done on total unit length.)
Max Width 2.8m
- 2.81m - 3.00m - Basic rate + 50%
- 3.01m - 3.30m - Basic rate +75%
- 3.31m - 3.50m - Basic rate + 100%
- Over 3.51m (rates on application)
- For units over 4.2m high additional rates are given on application.
- The gross weight for selfdrives/trailers/flats/containers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
- Shipment of units exceeding 35 tons of weight is subject to prior approval with additional rates given on application.