DFDS Seaways freight ferry shipping route
Brevik - Ghent
On this route there is one departure per week in both directions.
The cargo mix on this route is trailers, containers, factory new cars and trucks, motor homes and caravans, high & heavy and project cargoes.
Cargo loaded in Spain, France and Belgium is finding it’s route to Brevik, situated on the West bank of the Oslofjord, halfway between Oslo and Kristiansand. Norwegian exporters based in the triangle Oslo – Trondheim – Kristiansand equally value the weekly ro/ro connection to Gent which is situated close to the crossing of the main European highways E40 (East-West axis) and E17 (North-South axis) giving quick access to the nearby consumer and production centres.
From Brevik (located on the entry to Oslo Fjord) there is immediate access to major Norwegian industries with easy access to the motorway to Kristiansand and Oslo and from Ghent (in Belgium in the middle of Europe) delivery or loading is easy and a few hours away from major European cities.
For your information the schedule will have reduced sailings between 11 July 2014 and 14 August 2014. You can download the schedules here:
Brevik - Ghent week 25 - 26
Brevik - Ghent week 27 - 31
Brevik - Ghent week 31 - 35
Brevik - Ghent v.v.
||Sunday 04:00 |
DFDS Seaways reserves the right to make changes in the above schedule.
Local times are used for all departures and arrivals.
Closing time is prior to sailing time.
Passengers on feight vessels
Enquiries for passenger transport on this route should be direct to Brevik (Tel: +47 2210 2091 Monday - Friday between 10:00-11:00 / Email email@example.com ) or Ghent (Tel: +32 9 269 1269 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Facilities on board
Our freight vessels offer comfortable, relaxing means of transportation without the discos, bars and live entertainment. Accommodation in shared double cabin usually with shower and toilet. All cabins are en suite and breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at set times with cold food, tea and coffee facilities available in the canteen.
Latest booking time for hazardous cargo at Brevik is 24 hours before departure and at Ghent it is 16:00 on the day prior to departure.
- The cargo must be checked-in at Brevik 3 hours before departure while at Ghent check-in is required 4 hours prior to departure.
- Class 7 (Radioactive substances) are only accepted upon request at least 7 working days in advance and requires approval from the ports involved and from the DFDS Insurance Department, Copenhagen.
- For trailers longer than 14 metres,truck/trailers longer than 17 metres, containers/tank-containers/flats longer than 20', 30' or 40' additional rates are given on application.
- For units exceeding 2.6 metres in width the following surcharges shall apply: (Excess width calculations must be done on total unit length.) 2.61 - 2.75 m basic rate +25% 2.76 - 3.00 m basic rate +50% 3.01 - 3.50 m basic rate +100% 3.51 - and over on appöication.
- For loads of abnormal height please contact your agent for maximum height information.
- The gross weight for selfdrives/trailers/flats/containers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
- Shipment of units exceeding 40 tons of weight is subject to prior approval with additional rates are given on application.