DFDS Seaways freight ferry shipping route
Amsterdam (IJmuiden) - Newcastle
On this route there are seven departures per week between Ijmuiden (near Amsterdam) and Newcastle in both directions with a crossing time of approximately 16.5 hours.
The cargo mix on this route is mainly trailers, machinery and self-drives. Our Ro-Pax vessels offer a high standard of accommodation.
Access from terminal. From Newcastle in Northern England there is easy access to the Scottish market and from IJmuiden (Amsterdam’s sea port), there are numerous infrastructure options to reach any where in Western Europe.
Amsterdam - Newcastle v.v.
||Tuesday 09:30 |
||Wednesday 09:30 |
||Thursday 09:30 |
||Friday 09:30 |
||Saturday 09:30 |
||Sunday 09:30 |
||Monday 09:30 |
Due to docking of King Seaways and Princess Seaways no departures on following dates:
from Amsterdam (IJmuiden): 2001, 2201, 2401, 2601, 2801, 3001, 0102, 0302, 0502, 0702, 0902, 1102, 1302, 1502, 1702, 1902, 2102, 2302, 2502, 1303, 1503, 1703, 1903, 2103
from Newcastle: 1901, 2102, 2301, 2501, 2701, 2901, 3101, 0202, 0402, 0602, 0802, 102, 1202, 1402, 1602, 1802, 2002, 2202, 2402, 2602, 1403, 1603, 1803, 2003
Facilities on board
All cabins en suite, wherever possible single occupancy
Breakfast and dinner
1 free drink
Restaurants and Café
Bars, entertainment and lounges
Hazardous cargo can be booked up to 2 hours prior to departure subject to the stowage plan and booking situation.
Limited hazardous cargo with stowage category A can be accepted.
- Units up to 27m in length with no overwidth can be accepted, but units over 27m or over 16m with an overwidth of over 4.30m can only be accepted subject to further investigation (drawings required).
- For units exceeding 2.6m in width, additional freight will be charged for the full length of the vehicle: 2.61-2.79m plus 10%, 2.80-2.89m plus 20%, 2.90-2.99m plus 25%, 3.00-3.25m plus 35%, 3.26-3.50m plus 45%, 3.51-4.00 m plus 55%. and 4.01m and above on application.
- Units upto 4.30m width can be accepted, but units between 4.31 and 5.8m can only be accepted subject to further investigation (drawings required) and units over 5.80m cannot be accepted.
- Units up to 4.45m high can be accepted, but units over 4.45 m high cannot be accepted.
- The gross weight for selfdrives and trailers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
- For selfdrive units up to 50 tons can be accepted (max. 12 ton per axle) and units between 50 - 160 tons can only be accepted subject to further investigation (drawings required). Units over 160 tons are too heavy and can not be accepted.
- Trailer units upto 40 tons can be accepted (max. 10 ton per axle).