DFDS Seaways Klaipeda - Sassnitz freight ferry shipping route
This route provies services between Lithuania and Eastern Germany and is operated by one Rail-Ro-Pax vessels with two sailings per week in each direction.
The cargo mix on this route includes truck-trailers (lorries), Trailers, containers on mafis, building machines, all units on wheels, project high & heavy cargoes, russian gauge railcars.
Access from terminal. From Sassnitz on the Eastern German island of Rügen on the Baltic Coast there is quick access to the extensive German motorway and railway network, and from Klaipeda (in Lithuania) there is easy access to the Southern and Central Baltic States as well as Russia.
Schedule valid from 4th March, 2013
Klaipeda - Sassnitz v.v.
|Tuesday at 21:00
||Wednesday at 14:00
||Monday at 21:00
||Tuesday at 16:00 |
| Thursday at 19:00
||Friday at 12:00
||Wednesday at 19:00
||Thursday at 14:00 |
|Saturday at 21:00
||Sunday at 14:00
||Friday at 21:00
||Saturday at 16:00 |
Facilities on board: Our modern fleet offers a comfortable, relaxing means of transportation with cabin space onboard, and a drivers lounge serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other facilities onboard include restaurants, bars and a shop.
Customers are required to contact local agency before shipment to make sure cargo can be handled in the port of Sassnitz / Klaipeda. Shipment of the IMO classes is subject to prior approval from the line.
- Latest booking time for hazardous cargo
- 24 hours prior to departure
- Latest presentation of Dangerous Goods Declaration (DGD) documents by Email/Fax
- Sassnitz: 12:00 day of departure
- Klaipeda: 12:00 day of departure
- Latest arrival time of unit:
- Sassnitz: 4 hours before departure
- Klaipeda: 3 hours before departure
- For trailers longer than 14 metres, truck/trailers longer than 17 metres, containers/tank-containers/flats longer than 20', 30' or 40' additional rates are given on application.
- For units exceeding 2.6 metres in width the following surcharges shall apply: (Excess width calculations must be done on total unit length.) 2.61 - 3.00 m basic rate +50% 3.01 - 3.50 m basic rate +100% 3.51 and up basic rate +200%
- For units over 4.5 metres high additional rates are given on application.
- The gross weight for selfdrives/ trailers/ flats/ containers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
- Shipment of units exceeding 40 tons of weight is subject to prior approval with additional rates are given on application.